Destroy and DefendPraise and criticize.
The goal of this warm-up method is that the workshop participants understand that it’s easy to destroy a good idea and to find arguments to support a terrible one.
- Divide the group into two groups, the supporters and distractors. Then, create pairs of supporters and distractors. You can also support this by visualizing the teams with our template.
- Every supporter now has a few minutes to think of a novel idea that will be needed in the next step.
- The first supporter must explain their novel idea in two to three sentences. The distractor needs to explain why this is a horrible idea. After this, the next pair continues until all groups are done.
- The distractor starts by proposing a terrible idea. The supporter needs to find arguments why this is such a great idea. The next group continues
- After completing the two rounds, you can ask the group about their experience. Explain how easy it is to destroy a good or find arguments for a horrible idea.